Re: No device found for binding socket ieee802.15.4

Hello.

On 30/03/16 22:49, Adika Bintang Sulaeman wrote:
I still don't see why you would need to do this. What did you change?
Sorry, I think I didn't explain clearly. I forgot to set pan_id and
short address. Now the wpan-ping works fine. I tried to create a
server program which is based on 802.15.4 and 6LoWPAN, and I imitate
the code from wpan-ping. I didn't mean that I literally changed the
wpan-ping.

OK, that makes more sense now. Without the address being setup this would fail.

Its the normal IPv6 socket API of linux.
Thank you for your explanation, Stefan Schmidt.

If you have no specific requirements for the 6LoWPAN part normal client/server code written for the Linux IPv6 socket API should work over the lowpan0 interface.

regards
Stefan Schmidt