Re: [6lo] big frame support in 802.15.4G

Robert Cragie <robert.cragie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > 1) is it physically possible for a 15.4g device to send both 15.4g
    > frames and 15.4-2011 frames?

    > Yes, in theory. The PHY would have to support both the SUN-O-QPSK and
    > the O-QPSK PHYs, the intersecting frequencies, rates and spreading mode
    > and somehow be selectable on Tx and discriminate on Rx (accept both
    > PPDU formats)

Thank you for this answer.

Alex is trying to make the lowpan code for the Linux kernel more flexible,
and the question of whether we need to include a way to use different MTUs on
a per-destination basis has come up, and we had no clear answer.

We now know that this is physically possible; we don't know if chipsets will
implement this, or whether it SHOULD be possible.

This is now a technical policy question for 6lo, in my opinion.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-