Re: Linux-Wpan-Next: Regarding usage of fakelb driver

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 09:01:16AM +0000, Anoop Kant wrote:
> Dear Alex,
>
> Greetings!!
>
> I am trying to use a simulated network environment using fakelb. I have built image using latest Linux-Wpan-Next files. The image is built and running in x86_64 machine.
>
> Now, could you guide me where can I get help on how to use this fake drivers.
>
> I tried to follow the instructions given at https://code.google.com/p/linux-wsn/wiki/Mainline
> But, I am not able to register loopback driver as I am getting issue. I am getting module instering error while trying below command.
>
> # insmod fakelb.ko
>
> Could you please guide me where can I refer for steps to follow for this ?

The new website is [0].

Please don't use linux-wpan-next. Our current working repository is
bluetooth-next [1]. If you like to send patches your patches need to
base on bluetooth-next. See [2].

For testing fakelb I would advice you to create some qemu/virtualbox
machine with a recent bluetooth-next kernel.

Then if fakelb driver is built as module you need to call "modprobe
fakelb", if everything is okay then you will see two new wpan phy's by
calling:

iwpan phy

by default a wpan phy will create one node interface, so you will have
two wpan interfaces "wpan0/wpan1" by default. You can check this by calling:

iwpan dev

To setup the interfaces/phy and 6lopwan (if you want that), you can call
"iwpan" for all possible settings and follow the instructions at [3].

- Alex

[0] http://wpan.cakelab.org/
[1] http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/bluetooth/bluetooth-next.git
[2] http://wpan.cakelab.org/#_developing