Re: The 802.15.4 Security Layer

Hello.

On 18/06/15 14:31, Alexander Aring wrote:
Hi all,

I saw the latest discussion about the security layer and wants to open a
new thread about discussion for access this layer over nl802154 and
putting a "very easy to use" functionality into iwpan.

I need to admit, I never tested myself this layer, also I told many
times that the step to put security layer functionality into nl802154 is
a necessary step. For that reason I declare the security layer as broken.

Several months ago I started to put these functionality into wpan-tools
and nl802154. It's just parsing a file at the moment and putting the all
relevant entries for key, device, seclevel tables in cfg802154. Nothing
more. These tables are handled like an ACL in 802.15.4 (so far I know)
and necessary to do the "key lookup" procedure, on receiving decrypted
frames.

At weekend I will try to provide my stuff which I already have done and
will try to explain what the idea for the next necessary steps are. It's
just to start a discussion "How do deal with accessing llsec over
nl802154/cfg802154".

After we can accessing the sec layer over nl802154, we can hopefully remove
the old interface stuff.

Does this sounds like a plan?

I think this is a good idea and I would gladly gve this some testing next week. I bet Simon would do as well as he is currently looking into it.

regards
Stefan Schmidt