Re: Strategy for permament extended/EUI64 address writing and updating in atusb

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 06:23:51PM -0300, Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Alexander Aring wrote:
> > I think the endpoint 0 is different between bootloader (dfu) and the
> > application (atusb). Maybe then add this functionality for the
> > bootloader only.
>
> If you add it to the boot loader, then you need to flash your
> enhanced boot loader via in-circuit programming (or find a way
> to bypass the write protection. NB: no such way should exist.)
> Not everyone may find that convenient ;)
>
> I'd leave the boot loader as it is and just add a new operation
> to the application part of the firmware.

yea, this was just an idea because Marcel said:

"... you might want to push that device into a special mode to allow
programming of these settings"

and that's for me the dfu mode. My idea was just make the "new
operation" accessable in dfu endpoint only.

Nevertheless I am also fine with normal application operation, or making
some special bus access cycles to get into "privileged mode" or
something else, everything is possible.

- Alex