Re: for all openlabs tranceiver users

Hello.

On 04/05/15 20:35, Alexander Aring wrote:
Hi,

maybe you read the other mail about the RPi and openlabs transceiver
module.

at86rf233 datasheet says 7.5 Mhz is the highest clock, but since the RPi
clock can run at 7.35 Mhz I expierence issues with the openlabs transceiver.

Set the max spi clock to 6 Mhz solved this issue. Please update the
device tree according to that value.

I tested two different transceivers with the same issue at 7.35 Mhz spi
clock.

Based on this I wanted to update my dts for the RPi B+ with openlabs shield.

From the collected wisdom I now have this:

&spi {
    status = "okay";
    at86rf233@0 {
        compatible = "atmel,at86rf233";
        spi-max-frequency = <6000000>;
        reg = <0>;
        interrupts = <23 4>;
        interrupt-parent = <&gpio>;
        reset-gpio = <&gpio 24 1>;
        sleep-tpio = <&gpio 25 1>;
        xtal-trim = /bits/ 8 <0x0F>;
    };
};

o SPI speed capped at 6 MHz due to problem on the Pi (funny note, I had it running at 0.5 MHz so far :)) o interrupts changed to <23 4> from <23 1> (edge to lvel trigger change) to avoid the deadlock situation o Xtal-trim set to 0x0F which should be +4.5 pF and the right value for the openlabs shield

Anything else I missed?

regards
Stefan Schmidt