Re: atusb availability

Hi Alex,
I just wanted to thank-you for your reply, it certainly helped with my
understanding.  Initially, I thought the device was a HardMAC device,
so thank-you for correcting me on that.  It seems that the device
simply implements a USB-to-SPI interface.

I have used the schematics at [0] to build a few boards of my own.  I
would like to use the two boards to send data between two laptop
computers running linux.
The description at [1] indicates that the ATMega firmware implements a
"home-brew protocol on top of USB".  My plan is to do the following:

1. Examine the source ATUSB firmware source code to determine the
home-brew protocol.
2. Write some application software in C for the two linux PCs using
Netlink sockets to communicate with the devices and transfer data
between the two PCs.

I was wondering -- do you think I am on the right track?  Do you have
any suggestions?

Thank-you kindly for your time.
--Geoff.

[0] http://projects.qi-hardware.com/index.php/p/ben-wpan/source/tree/master/