Re: RPi, Raspbian with openlabs transceiver - lib/tool versions and updated instructions(?)

On Wed, May 06, 2015 at 08:26:05AM -0400, Michael C. Cambria wrote:

> On 05/06/2015 05:08 AM, Alexander Aring wrote:
> >On Wed, May 06, 2015 at 09:27:39AM +0200, Christoffer Holmstedt wrote:
> >>I'm currently setting up my dev/test environment to get a "default"
> >>working state to build upon but have stumbled upon some issues on the
> >>way. I'm currently running Raspbian with latest bluetooth-next kernel.
> >>U-Boot from last november. For libnl I use the default packages
> >>available in Raspbian repository. wpan-tools I've checked out the 0.4
> >>release from git repository.
> >>
> >>U-Boot: 2014-11-10 [1]
> >>Raspbian version: 2015-02-16 (originally built with 3.18 kernel)
> >>Bluetooth-next kernel 4.1.0-rc1+ 2015-04-30 [2]
> >>libnl-3-dev version: 3.2.7-4 (Raspbian repository)
> >>libnl-genl-3-dev version: 3.2.7-4 (Raspbian repository)
> >>wpan-tools (tag: wpan-tools-0.4) [3]
> >>
> >>Is this set of libraries/tools ever going to work together or do I
> >>have an obvious mismatch that will for sure fail?
> >>
> >>### command failed: Device or resource busy (-16)
> >I think this is because raspbian has running the ifplug deamon (ifplugd)
> >which do an interface up if you want to do an interface down.
> >
> >Guenther documented this at [0]. Try to do a:
> >
> >kill $(ps awux | grep "[i]fplugd.*wpan0" | awk '{print $2}')
> >
> >into your shell. Then be sure that your interface is down before setting
> >the pan_id.
>
> I have been able to fix this at boot time by changing /etc/defaults/ifplugd

> INTERFACES="auto"
> HOTPLUG_INTERFACES="all"
>
> to:
>
> INTERFACES="eth0"
> HOTPLUG_INTERFACES="eth0"

I've added a reference to that file to [0], thanks. The reason i left it
out initially is that you have to list interfaces manually then (there's
no EXCLUDE_INTERFACES="wpan*".

Cheers,
 -- Guido

[0] https://honk.sigxcpu.org/piki/hw/rpi6lowpan/