Re: testing and building for RPI

> On 05/12/2015 01:11 AM, Michael Richardson wrote:
>
>> I ordered the 802.15.4 module for PI's GPIO pins from:
>>   http://openlabs.co/OSHW/Raspberry-Pi-802.15.4-radio
>>
>> I haven't yet gotten to caring if I got the right dtbs file,
>> as discussed here:
>>    http://forum.openlabs.co/general-oshw-discussion/6lowpan-kernel-on-rpi/

hmm, old post I should probably answer it with my final solution which
is "just do a clean build and it works as intended".

>> Will I have to do some dtbs hacking?

At [1] I have the device tree patch I apply for RPi model B (i.e. not
B+). So if you have B+ just copy the information there to the correct
dts file.

> You can directly use linux-wpan-next tree directly, which has the basic
> support for RPI. No need to rebase it on rpi kernel.

I use the bluetooth-next tree and more specifically a 4.1.0-rc1 commit
from late april on my two RPi model B. I haven't made any "release" of
my scripts [2] but they should all work at the moment from master
branch. If you are running Ubuntu 14.04 and have RPi model B just
follow the README and you should get a working kernel image and dtb
file built.

[1] https://github.com/christofferholmstedt/linux-wpan-dev/blob/master/scripts/linux_kernel_patches/0001-arm-dts-Update-RPi-B-dts-for-Openlabs-802.15.4-trans.patch
[2] https://github.com/christofferholmstedt/linux-wpan-dev

Don't hesitate to send me an email if the scripts don't work.
--
Christoffer Holmstedt