Re: multicast problems

Hi Simon,

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 12:56:57PM +0100, Simon Vincent wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck using Site-Local or Realm-Local multicast over
> 14.5/6lowpan?
>
> I find if I subscribe to a multicast group using a site-local or realm-local
> scope I can't ping the multicast group. If I try the same on a ethernet
> interface I can ping the multicast group no problems.

mhh, did you also tried it without the overwritten pkt_type value
PACKET_HOST? Just drop it in 802.15.4 6LoWPAN for testing case.

Maybe, you hit the problem at [0].

This occurs when "Type 131 - Multicast Listener Report" arrived. [1]

Don't know much about Multicast Listener Report at the moment and if this
is really necessary for your use case.

Just give it a try. It's something with multicast and I know there is
some issue right now.

- Alex

[0] http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/net/ipv6/mcast.c#L1426
[1] http://www.iana.org/assignments/icmpv6-parameters/icmpv6-parameters.xhtml#icmpv6-parameters-codes-9