Re: Promiscuous patches

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the links, I needed this to get wireshark working again as we now have address filtering support in HW.

The code looks good and using the net device op for detecting a rx flag change looks good to me.  A couple of thoughts.
1) Maybe you could remove the HW flag for promiscuous? just let the driver implement the set_promiscuous_mode driver ops function if the HW supports it or leave it NULL if it doesn't
2) I had to implement the ndo_change_rx_flags net device ops in wpan.c not monitor.c.  For remote wireshark captures that we do we use tcpdump -i wpan0 on the boards.  Are we doing something wrong here? Your code seems to suggest that we should bring up a separate monitor interface?

- Martin.