Re: IPv6 over IEEE 802.15.4 aka 6LoWPAN - Neighbor discovery issue

On 08/06/2014 01:17 PM, Alexander Aring wrote:
Handing of RS (Router Solicitation) and RA (Router Advertisement) will take care
by radvd (Router Advertisement Daemon) in Linux. We added the ABRO and 6CO option
support in radvd. You can find the implementation in [1].

[1]: https://github.com/reubenhwk/radvd/blob/master/send.c#L536

I see you use the ContextID there, then you need the CID value from
6LoWPAN header there. I am very interest for patches which introduce
context based address compression and make it also available in
userspace to handle the ContextID with radvd.
Right now we providing the contextID from user space through radvd.conf.

Context based implementation is not supported so we are only using the
context identifier from user space.

A static CID value in radvd.conf? Sorry, I don't know how this can be
working without very limitations of use.

Actually we have to get the CID from the 6LoWPAN packet and we have to
update or store the CID based information into a separate table.

For each and every CID we are going to have the its own info.

If CID is changed we have to increment the *version* field in ABRO option
and sends RA message. This support is future work if we have the CID based
compression.

--
Regards,
Varka Bhadram.