Search Linux Wireless

Re: [ath9k-devel] [RFC 1/3] nl80211: add spec scan flag

On 11/28/12 8:57 AM, "Johannes Berg" <johannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>>BTW, is there any limitation to remain on channel commands, like will
>>>they
>> >work on AP ifaces, Ad-Hoc ifaces, MultiSSID in general, etc?
>>
>> I hope not. There may be some practical issues with not all drivers
>> supporting this, but remain-on-channel is the mechanism we use for
>> supporting concurrent operations (e.g., P2P negotiations or GAS/ANQP)
>>and
>> making this work in all combinations would be important regardless.
>
>FWIW, right now our plan for iwlwifi is to only really support it with
>the P2P Device wdev, but I'm not sure what implications that has in
>terms of support for GAS/ANQP etc. We might have to revisit that.

GAS/ANQP is pre-association if that makes any difference. Anyway, quite a
few new things will start depending on off channel Action frames and
everything I'm working on this area will most likely be using r-o-c..

>Maybe we should start advertising where it's supported so wpa_s/hostapd
>can disable/enable features appropriately?

Yeah, sounds reasonable. I guess you could also reject the r-o-c command,
but it is cleaner if this can be determined beforehand.

- Jouni