Search Linux Wireless

[RFC 0/2] VHT channel configuration support

Hi all,

I've been hacking a bit on VHT channel specification. Here's
what I came up with.

The first patch changes cfg80211 to pass a channel definition
struct everywhere instead of channel/channel_type. This of
course requires the remain-on-channel patch I posted before.

The second patch then changes that struct to support VHT
configuration, and removes the channel_type field. It has
a few helpers to get a channel type (unless VHT is used)
and to create a chan_def from a channel/channel_type.

This is definitely missing the regulatory enforcement and
probably some helper functions to get the control channel
offset from a chan_def struct etc., but it's a start.

Also, obviously mac80211 needs to be converted to this new
API throughout, and possibly mac80211-based drivers (though
I could see keeping the API for backward compatibility)

Let me know what you think!

If you want to actually run the code, I suggest you check
out the "wip" branch of my mac80211-next tree (available
on git.kernel.org), as I haven't sent all the patches to
the list yet that this depends on, mostly because they're
boring :)

johannes