Search Linux Wireless

Re: Receive BlockAckReq and BlockAck on carl9170 driver

Hello Javier,

On Saturday 20 October 2012 18:51:37 Javier Lopez wrote:
> Thanks for your comments, they helped a lot.
Really? But how, all I did was "ask questions"?

> Now we are able to receive the frames on
> carl9170_handle_mpdu on mesh mode.
ok, I never got around and tested mesh mode
operation with carl9170 properly.

> After setting the monitor interface we noticed that
> the traps were not called but the frames were received.
> So we checked the traps and we saw that they were
> placed before the frame was correctly aligned.
Well, ok. So the code is confusing :-/. I guess
the _mpdu should be split into to parts so it's
more obvious when a trap handler can be inserted.

> Then removing the CARL9170_RX_FILTER_CTL_OTHER did the rest.
Ok, maybe the terminology is a bit odd in this case. Normally
when I think of the word filter, then I think of something which
prevent things from going trough. However mac80211's
"configure_filter" is sort of the opposite, e.g.: if FIF_CONTROL
is set, then control frames like BA/ACKS/BARS/RTS/CTS/... should
"pass-through". But I've already updated the fwcmd.h include,
so when the next fw release comes along it should hit the driver
as well.

Regards,
	Chr