Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC] rtlwifi: fix in_ep = in_ep_num mishap in _rtl_usb_init_rx

On 10/15/2012 05:42 AM, Christian Lamparter wrote:
It's a bit weird that you have three IN and OUT 0x3 eps. Is this
really true or is this a c&p error and your devices have more
than one interface configuration?

The endpoint configuration for my SU devices (both are the same)
look like this:
    Interface Descriptor:
         bEndpointAddress     0x83  EP 3  IN  Bulk Data 512 bytes
         bEndpointAddress     0x04  EP 4  OUT Bulk Data 512 bytes
         bEndpointAddress     0x06  EP 6  OUT Bulk Data 512 bytes
         bEndpointAddress     0x0d  EP 13 OUT Bulk Data 512 bytes

It looks like that we should parse the endpoint descriptor and
get the first endpoint from there.

The confusion arose from me reporting the EP configuration for the USB Bluetooth component of an RTL8723AE that I currently have installed. It has the bidirectional EPs:

        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
        bEndpointAddress     0x02  EP 2 OUT
        bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN
        bEndpointAddress     0x03  EP 3 OUT
        bEndpointAddress     0x83  EP 3 IN
        bEndpointAddress     0x03  EP 3 OUT
        bEndpointAddress     0x83  EP 3 IN
        bEndpointAddress     0x03  EP 3 OUT
        bEndpointAddress     0x83  EP 3 IN
        bEndpointAddress     0x03  EP 3 OUT
        bEndpointAddress     0x83  EP 3 IN
        bEndpointAddress     0x03  EP 3 OUT
        bEndpointAddress     0x83  EP 3 IN
        bEndpointAddress     0x03  EP 3 OUT
        bEndpointAddress     0x83  EP 3 IN

My RTL8191SU and the RTL8192SU both have the following:

        bEndpointAddress     0x83  EP 3 IN
        bEndpointAddress     0x04  EP 4 OUT
        bEndpointAddress     0x06  EP 6 OUT
        bEndpointAddress     0x0d  EP 13 OUT

My two copies if RTL8188CUS chips that use rtl8192cu both have

        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
        bEndpointAddress     0x02  EP 2 OUT
        bEndpointAddress     0x03  EP 3 OUT
        bEndpointAddress     0x84  EP 4 IN

Although these chips have two IN EPs, the first is the one in use, thus searching for the first IN EP should be OK, and we can ignore the fact that the chip has two IN EPs. I am currently trying to acquire a sample of the RTL8192DU device with dual band operation on separate MACs. I think it registers as two separate devices (at least the PCI version does), and it should not change the situation. Even if it does, its initial driver will be in staging, and will not use rtlwifi.

Larry