Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC 1/2] ath9k_htc: Advertize allowed vif combinations

On Mon, Oct 08, 2012 at 09:20:38PM +0530, Mohammed Shafi wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 3:01 PM, Antonio Quartulli <ordex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> Yes, this is a problem.
> >
> > Is there anyway to overcome this problem? Can we bind the single TSF to multiple
> > virtualTSF? or must the device somehow support us?
>
> Antonio, agained i checked with the ath9k_htc maintainer, he said the
> IBSS coexistence is not
> possible. So i would go with my current patch. Please do feel free to
> enhance. Currently
> i am working in some other project, not sure i would be able to take this up.

Hi Mohammed,

thank you for having taken care of this. Is it possible to have more details
about this "impossibility"? I still have to understand, because on one side we
all agreed on the fact that IBSS+AP coexistence will create problems on the STA
(connected to the AP) because of the TSF jumps, but this would still "work". On
the other side the maintainer is claiming this would not work at all :-) At this
point, I'd like to clearly understand "why" he is claiming so: is it for the
same reason explained above (TSF jumps) or is there something else?

Cheers,

--
Antonio Quartulli

..each of us alone is worth nothing..