Search Linux Wireless

Re: 802.1X can associate but can not connect

Hi Alper,

please don't mail me privately. I only give public support so that the
whole Linux community can benefit.

Alper Yilmaz <alperyilmaz@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I tried live USB with Ubuntu 10.04.4 and wireless worked great.

Ok, so this is a regression in Ubuntu. That's good to know.

> Then, I tried to install dhclient, wpasupplicant and network-manager
> of the 10.04 version to my current installation (12.04). I found
> correct deb files and installed them. But after one point, i couldn't
> deal with dependencies.

It's very difficult to install older components to a newer distribution.
Don't do that unless you know what you are doing.

> Which email list is most suitable to ask for help regarding dhclient
> and wpasupplicant?

It depends where the problem is, we still don't know that. Did you try
what I suggested in my previous email? That would help to pinpoint
what's broken.

about dhclient. I recommend filing a bug to Ubuntu as this clearly is a
regression and trying to investigate more where the problem is.

--
Kalle Valo