Search Linux Wireless

Re: Re: [RFC] ath9k: Work around complete stuck of hw

On Friday 14 September 2012 13:33:31 Felix Fietkau wrote:
[..]
> > ---
> > This check is currently tested. This takes quite a long time and maybe
> > someone with more knowledge of atheros devices can check whether this one
> > is completely and utterly wrong.
> >
> > The type RESET_TYPE_FATAL_INT was chosen in this test to allow us to see
> > whether this condition was already true by reading from
> > /sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy0/ath9k/reset
>
> Your debug patch should not be silent when it resets the hw. We need
> to make sure that this bug gets fixed properly. If my patch below does
> not fix it, then at least add a WARN_ON to ensure that we don't just
> hide the bug and move on.

It is not silent for me and is not a patch that should be applied to the
upstream kernel. Just wanted to ask whether this is the right place and
approach

> Somebody on the openwrt-devel list pointed out that there is some code
> missing in the ar933x wmac reset function. Please try this patch (apply
> it to your kernel tree):

Neither mine nor your patch has an effect. One node is now again dead after ~8
1/2 days. It looks like the check isn't done (correctly). I will investigate
this further tomorrow.

Kind regards,
	Sven