Search Linux Wireless

[BUG] brcmsmac: Invalid killswitch handling

I had a discussion with Matthew Garrett about handling of a wifi
killswitch on a Dell laptop.

Some (rfkill) code was removed from platform/dell-laptop. On my machine
a bug now occurs which is caused by brcmsmac in the view of Matthew.

So is this a bug, or do you have no killsitch handling, so far?

Bug description:

What Matthew wrote to me:
> > With the old dell-laptop code included everything was fine with
> > brcmsmac. So either generic platform code does not handle the switch
> > correct or there is no handling at all?
>
> brcmsmac is broken. I suspect it was happily claiming to be
> unblocked,
> but was ignored because dell-laptop claimed to be blocked.

Full discussion thread:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/8/23/234