Search Linux Wireless

Re: Missing firmware iwlwifi-2030-5.ucode

Hi Larry,

> I am trying to help an openSUSE 12.1 user who is running kernel 3.1.9, who has
> an Intel 802.11 b/g/n card with Bluetooth mounted in an HP dvdt-7000 Quad
> Edition Series computer.
>
> The driver is asking for firmware named "iwlwifi-2030-5.ucode"; however, that
> particular file does not exist in /lib/firmware, nor is in the linux-firmware
> git repo where only the version 6 firmware exists.
>
> I could find no record of the firmware ever being in the git repo, nor could I
> find it using a Google search. For users of kernel 3.1, I request that this
> firmware file be submitted to linux-firmware. In addition, if you send me a copy
> of the file, I will see that the OP on the openSUSE Forum gets a copy.

Unfortunately, I can't just release this firmware, it was mostly
internal experimental builds, we released the -6 version later. However,
as Thomas pointed out, it should be possible to backport some patches to
make the driver in 3.1.9 work with the device, that simply wasn't a
concern for us and it's not entirely clear to me that such patches are
candidates for stable.

johannes