Search Linux Wireless

Re: [ath9k-devel] ath9k_htc 1mbps in IBSS mode

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 11:09:49AM +0530, Sujith Manoharan wrote:
> Nicolás Echániz wrote:
> > Sujith, does this mean that the problem is outside the scope of the
> > ath9k_htc driver itself or could it be fixed?
> >
> > we are doing some heavy use of hardware based on this driver for many
> > projects; any further debugging work you might need, we are more than
> > willing to help.
>
> This is a regression introduced by this commit:
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=commit;h=6d810f10325522cfcf498dc6d64b9f96e1f5153f
>
> Fixing this requires either introducing a new mac80211 callback or
> revert to the older behavior which issued a station notification only
> after the supported rates have been setup.

Hello people, Sujith,

after having read your previous email in the mail-archive (I was not in the
thread since then) I realised that the problem concerns only some drivers. I
better looked at the code and I realised where the problem is.

Thank you.
Cheers,

--
Antonio Quartulli