Search Linux Wireless

Re: Tr : Tr : Can't make RTL8188CE work with hostapd (rtl8192ce)

> I run mine, when I test AP mode, without any options.

> I'm glad you got it working. Now you know why I recommend spending 40 euro
> for
> an AP rather than trying to use a 600 euro computer for that purpose. BTW, I own
>
> 4 AP/routers.
>
> Larry

My goal was to have a low power server that runs 24h for wireless, domotic, ... but I didn't find how to increase the signal and remove the power mgt.

Have you had to add parameters in your rtl8192ce.conf file in modprobe?

I found this device in my garage :) which is known to be working well so I may try it just to compare the signal strengths between both
rtl8187 Alfa AWUS036H 0x0bda 0x8187

Again I would like to thank you again for all your reactive support in order to help me making my on-board pci wifi card working. At least I can now make a choice depending on the signal length.

FYI I did find that the BW was quote low with the rtl8188ce AP. Did you notice the same issue?

MERCI