Search Linux Wireless

Help requested troubleshooting compilation of rt3573 driver for cisco ae3000

Hi,

I request help to make my cisco AE3000 wireless usb work with my Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit server OS. I tried the following, and everything was in vain. So please pass me on some pointers.

 1.      Started off with ndiswrapper.

	a.      Looked for Windows XP driver from CD packaging and tried load it with ndiswrapper 1.57, but it is not working because, cisco does not provide a 64 bit windows xp driver, so ndiswrapper complains saying 64 bit kernel detected.

	b.      I did give a shot with using 64bit windows vista and windows 7 drivers included in the CD package even though I knew ndiswrapper will not support vista or win 7 drivers.

2.      RT drivers are opensource (yay!) so identified the hardware Id for the product it was (13b1:003b) comes with rt3573 chipset (I confirm that). So I downloaded the latest RT3573 chipset driver from their RALINK website, and still no use.
I successfully built and installed the rt3573sta.ko under /lib/modules/(shell $(uname -r))..... and was successfully able to modprobe the module. But still I did not see the device's model was recognized as a WiFi device.
Output of 'lsusb' still showed up 'Linksys'

 3.      Step further, under /common/rtusb_dev_id.c I waslooking for the USB device id, and I could'nt find a match for 13b1:003b., so created a new device id, and rebuilt the driver

	a.      Make clean, make uninstall, make install.
	b.      Driver built successfully, still did not detect the device

4.      In vain tried the default included rt2800usb module., and did
	a.      sudo depmod -a
	b.      sudo modprobe -v rt2800usb
	c.      Module loaded successfully, and still in vain, driver not detected.

Any help here would be much appreciated? Anything I missed out or I could try., please help.

Thanks

Balaji R

---
Thanks 'n' Regards