Search Linux Wireless

Re: Per packet TPC is it implimented ?

DINO MYCLE schrieb:

> Hello Thomas,
>   Sorry, got it....so how is the performance any report or observation you can share ?

Our initial results (including mac80211 & TPC controller design, with
validations) are published at the ICCCN conference end of July within
our paper: "Practical Power and Rate Control for WiFi"

in short:
- TPC per packet on Atheros 802.11 g/a/n chips works well
- without giving up on throughput there are often cases to reduce
transmit power by significant amount of dB
- to show increased spatial reuse in a WLAN network is current work

The pdf should be online soon at:
http://www.inet.tu-berlin.de/menue/research/publications/by_author/thomas_publ/

Currently we are running performance measurements (network sum
throughput) in outdoor and indoor environments with our joint power-rate
controller "Minstrel-Blues". Collecting, parsing, plotting
traces is just ongoing work.

Greetings Thomas