Search Linux Wireless

SIOCSIFFLAGS: operation not supported error message when tryinging to bring up an interface in adhoc mode

Hello,

I am currently developing a wifi driver and I am having trouble with
the adhoc mode. I am developing on Ubuntu 10.04 with kernel 2.6.32. To
verify that my initialization is correct, I try to bring up and
configure virtual interfaces. It's working in managed mode, but when I
try an "ifconfig wlan0 up" in adhoc mode I get the following error
message: "SIOCSIFFLAGS: operation not supported". At first I thought
that it was because of the regulatory domain, but I defined only one
supported channel (channel 6, F=2437 MHz) and it seems to me that iw
reg get tells me that on this frequency I am allowed to set up
wireless device in adhoc mode (country 00: (2402 - 2472 @ 40), (3, 20)
and no flags following).

Are there mandatory flags to set up (besides wiphy->interface_modes =
BIT(NL80211_IFTYPE_ADHOC)) that I missed, or callbacks to define in
order to have a working adhoc interface ?

Best regards

Philippe