Search Linux Wireless

injected packet channel switch

hi,

i already posted this on the ath9k list, but maybe this fits more on this list here.
i'm fairly new to this topic and try to figure out how to switch the
channel for injected packets based on the information set in the radiotap
header. this is just for an experiment we are running at our university.

the goal is to parse the information provided by radiotap header
in a modified mac80211/tx, set the channel and switch back to the previous
channel setting after the packet has been transmitted.

moreover, the packet should - if transmission failed - not be queued. but
the more important thing right now is the "injected packet channel switch and back after transmission".

has someone else already tried such a modification or has some good hints
were to start ? (i know about the parsing of the header but i am not sure how to solve the channel switching
for one packet in an elegant way)

thanks,
torsten