Search Linux Wireless

[RFC 0/3] mesh/wds channel changes & clarifications

This shows the direction I want to take the cfg80211
APIs in wrt. channel settings.

After these patches, there is no more set_channel(),
and set_monitor_channel() is only available when you
 * set the channel on a wiphy
 * set the channel on a monitor netdev
 * set the channel using wext on an unassociated
   managed interface

All these translate into setting the monitor channel
though.

The sole exception is for libertas, so I split that
out into a new function that only it will ever have.
Not the best thing to do, but I don't really see any
good choice that doesn't break libertas.

Note that this requires a lot of patches I've sent
over the last two days, or you can find all of them
on http://j.sipsolutions.net/patches/kernel/all/LATEST/

johannes