Search Linux Wireless

wl1271 woes continue

Luciano,

I'm still having troubles with the WL1271.  I now have a
brand new platform - same basic design as before but with
a DM3730 instead of the DM8148.  I've tried a couple of
off-the-shelf kernels (3.0.0 and 3.3.0) with it, with mixed
results.

With 3.3.0 I could not get the device to associate with the AP.
It would get started and then the wl1271 stopped talking and
the process failed.

With 3.0.0, I can get it to work reasonably well.  However, I
still have to go through the manual steps to get it to associate.
Anything other than the process below causes the wl1271 to reset
and die...  I also cannot shut the device down and restart it.
Attempts at a restart cause the wl1271 to lock up and I have to
reboot to recover.

Only these steps work for the initial association:
  # ifconfig wlan0 hw ether 0:1:2:3:4:5
  # ifconfig wlan0 up
  # iw wlan0 scan
  # ifup wlan0
Note: my AP is using WPA2 so I'm also running wpa_supplicant

I'm going to try using the latest compat-wireless, using the
3.0.0 kernel as overall it is more stable on this platform.
I also plan to experiment a bit with the Panda (OMAP4) as it
has the same peripherals (and I assume that it works?)

What can I do to make this work better?
What data need I provide to help diagnose the failures?

Thanks for your time