Search Linux Wireless

Re: [Greenmesh] [ath9k] mesh powersave hardware sleep + wakeup

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 7:41 PM, Yeoh Chun-Yeow <yeohchunyeow@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Now we know what hardware *not* to use for this :P
> What is the hardware that you referred to?
>
> Please advice. Thanks

Johannes was just explaining that Intel wlan devices would not report
timing info in the way required for mesh synchronization.  Not a big
deal considering that they don't support mesh mode.
My comment should have been interpreted as a joke (and probably I
should have sent it off-list, sorry!).

Javier

> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM, Javier Cardona <javier@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 8:05 AM, Johannes Berg
>> <johannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Nice! FWIW, our hardware (not that the driver supports mesh now) will give
>>> the timestamp at the first symbol of the MPDU, so some more offset
>>> calculations are needed and we don't give valid timestamps today. I started
>>> working on this but haven't figured out HT preamble duration yet.
>>
>> Thanks for letting us know.  Now we know what hardware *not* to use for this :P
>>
>> Javier

Javier Cardona
cozybit Inc.
http://www.cozybit.com