Search Linux Wireless

Re: About rfkill racing issue.

Hi,

> The probblem we faced was that the hardware changes the hard rfkill
> _and_ sends the WLAN key at the same time.  Since the rfkill input
> handler toggles the soft rfkill at each WLAN key, if the rfkill
> state at boot is like
> 	hard: block
> 	soft: unblock
> then it'll change like
> 	hard: unblock
> 	soft: block
> so the WLAN is never activated.

Heh, funky.

> In the end, we fixed the problem by disabling the keymap for WLAN
> key.  But this is also assuming that BIOS does always rfkill.  If BIOS
> behavior suddenly changes, you'll loose the rfkill behavior.

Yeah, this is kinda dumb. But really it needs to be encapsulated in the
rfkill platform driver I think? Or is the WLAN key just a regular key on
the keyboard? Maybe the platform driver on this platform could bind it
and eat it?

> Also, another drawback is that now rfkill isn't triggered immediately
> with WLAN key but it waits for some seconds until hard block is
> polled.  Ideally, it'd be good if the rfkill hard state can be checked
> immediately when WLAN key is issued (but without touching soft
> block).

This has been talked about before I think, but I'm not sure it'd be good
generic behaviour?

johannes