Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC] bcma: replace ssb_sprom structure with bcma_sprom structure

On 03/06/2012 02:27 PM, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
2012/3/6 Arend van Spriel<arend@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
BCMA shared a structure with SSB in which sprom data was stored. This
could have been appropriate but with upcoming srom revisions that are
of no interest to SSB it is better to have own definitions with BCMA.

This patch adds support for srom revisions 8 and 9.

Does b43 even compile with that?

Nope. It does not. That is why I was asking b43 developers for feedback in this RFC. By moving to another structure there is more work involved that needs good b43 knowledge (which I am lacking). What I can do is provide a function that maps bcma_sprom structure members to ssb_sprom structure members to make the transition easier.

Gr. AvS