Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC] bcma: add support for on-chip OTP memory used for SPROM storage

On 03/03/2012 11:44 PM, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
2012/2/28 Hauke Mehrtens<hauke@xxxxxxxxxx>:
On 02/27/2012 11:12 AM, Arend van Spriel wrote:

Appreciate any testing on SoCs. I think I will need some time to modify
brcmsmac so let your patch go first.

The sprom part of my SoC is working with this patch on top of my sprom
patches, but it uses the sprom from flash/nvram for both wifi devices
(one integrated in the bCM4716 and the other a BCM43224 connected to the
PCIe host controller of the BCM4716).
For my BCM4716 bcma_sprom_ext_available() and
bcma_sprom_onchip_available() are returning false and for the BCM43224
bcma_sprom_ext_available() is returning false and
bcma_sprom_onchip_offset() 0.

I guess that's wrong...? So is there something wrong with the Arend's
patch causing this regression? Or was this wrong even earlier?

I'm not sure if I should test this patch against my cards or should I
wait for V2.

Hi Rafał,

It is not wrong. I asked Hauke a question about his router regarding this. The story for routers is that sprom data for both cards resides in nvram/flash, ie. the fallback sprom source in Hauke's patch. Not sure why that bcma patch has not yet made it into wireless-next. Your cards are probably pci(e) cards so those should have sprom data on board.

Gr. AvS