Search Linux Wireless

Re: MAINTAINER NEEDED -- Re: status of ipw2x00

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 08:52, Florian Fainelli <florian@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Monday 30 January 2012 22:47:06 Julian Calaby wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 05:44, John W. Linville <linville@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> >
>> > Anyone out there looking for a project?  A way to "break-in" to the
>> > public Linux community without the risk of breaking anything too
>> > important? :-)
>> >
>> > If someone wants to be the ipw2x00 maintainer, all they need to do
>> > is start sending some non-broken patches...
>>
>> I'd love to do this, and even have the hardware already, but I lack the
>> time =(
>
> Maybe if you receive more hardware you will get some motivation again for
> doing it :)

That's a nice thought, but my life at the moment is work all week,
crash on the weekends. More hardware is always nice, but, unless I'm
rather mistaken, more hardware != more time.

I'll try to have a poke at the source this week and see if anything
useful happens.

If anyone is actually planning to send me hardware - if I start doing
useful stuff to this driver, please wait until after I've started
sending patches.

Thanks,

--
Julian Calaby