Search Linux Wireless

Re: Question regarding Linux RTL driver

OK, thank you for your answer. Sorry for reporting this late. I will
send mails to mailing list too.

I don't know which device is RTL8187L but this device definitely isn't
RTL8187B because it doesn't use RTL8187B routines and field
rtl8187_priv.is_rtl8187b is FALSE.

I am using MANAGED  BSS STATION  interface  for device, but I also
tried MONITOR interface to try to capture beacons from AP on any
channel. It was the same, I can't read anything from 0x81 endpoint
because I am always getting NAK packets.

If I am not mistaken endpoint 2 is used for sending and 0x81 for
receiving, but enumeration shows there is endpoint 3 also. Do you
remember what is it used for?

I again inspected rtl8187_start() routine and I am now inspecting
rtl8187_probe() again but it is much bigger and I will need more time.
Is the rtl8187_probe() crucial for initializing device or just for
getting device information and allocating resources? I mean, will some
false bits when writing to endpoint 0 cause the device to stop
responding in this routine?

Thanks,
Nikola