Search Linux Wireless

Re: DFS implementation status update

Hello Simon,

> Do you plan to support IBSS/Ad-Hoc as well?

For now we don't have such plans.

> I guess you're implementing the channel switch part for now, any plans
> on the rest of 802.11h? (station measurement, TPC, etc).

Same here, for now the main implementation is the channel availability
check, radar event and the channel switch mechanism.

> Do you plan to allow band selection or channel selection? For example,
> it would be desirable to only select indoor channels or outdoor channels,
> exclude weather channels (5600-5650 MHz) or only select a specific subband where
> high tx power is allowed.

For now we use random channel selection after radar event, but later
on this can be changed to more sophisticated algorithms.

> I'm also not sure if pre-selecting a start channel is conforming to
> ETSI EN 301 893 V1.5.1 - as I'd interpret it (but I might be wrong), a
> channel should always be randomly selected from the available channel list
> (4.7.2.6 Uniform Spreading) - there is not test specified for this though (Annex A).
>
> I'm also missing the channel switch announcement for associated clients in your
> flow chart, but maybe you skipped this to keep it simple. It looks like a good approach,
> I'm really looking forward to your patchset.

Yep, you're right the CSA is left out for the simplicity ;)

--
Thanks,
Victor.