Search Linux Wireless

Re: Problems associating with RTL8188CE

On 12/13/2011 01:42 PM, Seth Forshee wrote:
I have another AP that the rtl8192ce doesn't have any problems
associating with, so I also captured a trace with wireshark when
associating to that AP. I didn't see much that differed except that the
probe response frame with the problematic AP is about 350 bytes longer
(due to additional information elements).

The extra IE entries must be the clue.

Something else that I noticed is that with the problematic AP, inactive
power save seems to kick in shortly afer sending the
probe/authentication requests. I wondered if this might be behind the
issues, but loading the module with ips=0 makes no difference.

Any suggestions on what might be going wrong or next steps for
debugging?

With ips=0, all power save should be eliminated. Please take the two capture files, and filter all but the probe and probe response frames. I'll try to find some time to analyze them.

Larry