Search Linux Wireless

Re: Regulatory revamp status

On 09/29/2011 07:47 PM, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 5:46 AM, Zefir Kurtisi
> <zefir.kurtisi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> There's some funny stuff in there.
>>>
>>> For example, some of the DFS bands have different CAC/NOL timing. :-)
>>>

>>> Adrian
>>
>> Really? Where would be 'there' countrycode-wise?
>>
>> That would definitely break today's CRDA capabilities :-\
>
> Well, CRDA has no DFS support yet ;) and hence the regulatory revamp
Yes, I meant the proposed approach with a regulaltory domain per countrycode won't work with those fancy ones.
> work, to accommodate as much as possible for both future technologies
> and capture all these gotchas on existing technologies. If DFS varies
> so much then using one u8 for a country may not be enough, and we may
> want to add a whole section for DFS with the u8 being an optional
> minimum and with a DFS section for overrides on values. Thoughts?

That sounds like a doable way to start with the per countrycode domain and traverse to the optional refinement values on demand.

BTW, would this render the countrycode to CTL mappings in regd_common.h redundant, or do DFS and CTL domains differ?
> That is -- if your country varies per band or CAC / NOL timings we can
> address these countries only with the future revamp work. This would
> allow us to move forward with DFS support only for those countries
> where a unified DFS mapping applies.

To start with support for unified DFS domain CCs, was there ever some v2 for the related patch set you posted?
>   Luis

Zefir