Search Linux Wireless

Re: RTL8192SE and 802.11n problem

On 09/07/2011 10:23 PM, Stefan Zwanenburg wrote:
I cannot. The AP itself (which can display a list of its wireless
clients including MAC addresses and link type) reports that I'm
connected over an 802.11g link.
I'd hate for you to put more time into this if we have indeed
misunderstood one another.

It is not a matter of "training". If the AP says it is a G connection, then the rate will never be more than 54 Mbps.

Anyway, I'm more than willing to try out the 3.1-rc4 mainline kernel if
that would be of any help. However, it will have to wait until tomorrow,
since it's pretty much the end of the night in my timezone, and I have a
busy day tomorrow. I'll also file a bug report tomorrow, if I haven't
heard back from you regarding our possible misunderstanding.

I think it may be an incompatibility with that AP, but I will wait for Chaoming to check that.

In any case, I would like to know what change increases the rate, thus I'll do the bisection.

Larry