Search Linux Wireless

Multiple instances of WL1271

Hello Gery,

we plan to solder up to 4 WL1271 chips on our board (It will be the ready-to-use chip from LSR).

After a short look into the driver source code from the vanilla Linux kernel, we saw that the driver is not fully capable to handle multiple instances.

One critical issue we found are the wl12xx_set_platform_data and wl12xx_get_platform_data function calls. They configure the IRQ for the WLAN chip.

I think every WL1271 should get a separate IRQ (i.e. interrupt capable GPIO line). Does anyone has an idea how to configure the IRQ independently for each WL1271 chip? Especially on a X86 platform where there is no board specific configuration like on an embedded ARM target.

Another issue: every chip needs a specific NVS file (which holds the MAC address plus some other chip-specific settings). Currently, there is only one NVS file in the whole system. But it should be very easy to add some kind of instance number to the NVS file name to have a separate file for each chip.

Are there any other known issues when there are multiple WL1271 chips in one system?

Any help is appreciated.

cu,
  Daniel

--
SYS TEC electronic GmbH
August-Bebel-Str. 29

Telefon  : +49 (0) 3661 6279 0
Fax      : +49 (0) 3661 6279 99
Email    : daniel.krueger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Internet : http://www.systec-electronic.com

Managing Director   : Dipl.-Phys. Siegmar Schmidt
Commercial registry : Amtsgericht Jena, HRB 205563