Search Linux Wireless

Re: rtl8192cu sometimes it can authenticate to ap

On 08/11/2011 09:42 AM, kc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 09:37:04 -0500, Larry Finger wrote:
On 08/11/2011 09:23 AM, kc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I have now tried several compat files til may 28 but none of them seems to work
with maverick at all. Do i need some updated files on the client to be able to
use the new compat tree?

I thought that the compat tree would work without changes on kernel from >
2.6.30 is that right?

I have no idea what maverick is. I suppose it to be some release of
Ubuntu, but you really need to specify a kernel version, not a release
name. Many of us do not use any Debian-based systems for very good
reasons.

Sorry for that. The kernel is 2.6.35 but your answer makes it clear it should
work with no extra userland tools.

The compat tree will work without changes on any kernel on which it
will compile, AS LONG AS THE REST OF THE KERNEL DOES NOT BREAK THE
WIRELESS.

My full bisection ended up in am impossible result.

The only other thing I can add at the moment, is that rtl8192cu works
with WEP encryption, thus the part that broke is WPA and WPA2.

Ok but did the driver work before with wpa and or wpa2?
If so do you have an idea which date the compat file should be?

If not then i will have to wait for a fix but i can tell people whats wrong.

It works with wireless-testing kernel 3.0, but not with 3.1-rc1. There were no changes in rtl8192cu in the interum - this problem has me baffled for the moment. According to the NetworkManager log, the device authenticates correctly, but it never manages to get an IP.

Larry