Search Linux Wireless

trying to implement the HCF

Hi all,

I am trying to implement the HCF with a AR9280 chip. I already changed
the beacons in order to include the 'CF parameter set' every n DTIM. I
was glad to discover that after this message the AR_NAV register was
automatically updated  with the information of the "CFP duration
remaining" and the driver started to buffer the new outgoing frames. I
was not able to find where this is done in the driver so I guess it is
a hardware thing. Please correct me if I am wrong. The bad news are
that the driver/hardware updates the register in the next beacon (that
is not that bad for me for the moment, I will try to change the
register manually later).

I got to send the first CF-poll just after the DTIM that indicates the
start of a CFP. I just saw the procedure for the CAB traffic and used
the flag IEEE80211_TX_CTL_SEND_AFTER_DTIM. The next step I would like
to try is to prepare the next CF-poll frame in order to send it SIFS
after the answer or PIFS if no answer arrived. I configured the fourth
queue to use it with this kind of traffic. Is is possible to schedule
the transmission of one frame? I tried to have a look at the tx
descriptors in the code and in the web, but I don't understand them
(there is no much information and unfortunately I am far from being a
linux expert). Any advice?

Sorry for my english, the more german I learn, the less english I can :-p.

Thank you in advance