Search Linux Wireless

Re: carl9170: How do I change value of retries for long packets?

On 1 August 2011 10:29, Harshal Chhaya <harshal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> However, I did find some very helpful information in the debug files
>>> in 'debugfs' including the number of retries.
>>> The current value is 4 for long packets and 7 for short packets.
>> I don't think that the term "short packets" is what you think it is. :D
>
> From what I understand, short packets are smaller than the
> RTSThreshold and long packets are larger than that value. Since my
> RTSThreshold is undefined, I imagine all my data packets are 'long
> packets'.

If it's even peripherally related to the Atheros MAC terminology, then
that's the number of RTS retries and then entire packet retries.

Ie:

* short would be "how many times to try sending an RTS, expecting to
hear an CTS in response but not hearing it."
* long would be "how many times to try sending the whole packet,
expecting an ACK in response, but not hearing it."

Adrian