Search Linux Wireless

Re: about RCU programming

Yes, I probably need some kind of mutex, but I was wondering if it
would be enough with some memory barrier, since read and write
operations in modern computers are usually atomics.

What I pretend to do is that everytime I read one element from the
list, the function changes the "head pointer" with the next element ,
so the next time the function is called, it will return the next
element. When the list reach the last element, it starts again from
the beggining. The function should somehow remember the last extracted
element each time and consecutively return the next one. I could
probably use a counter and iterate the list looking for the next
element, but it would be hard to maintain when some elements are added
or deleted.

Best regards