Search Linux Wireless

Could Aircrack Patches be Applied Upstream?

Hi,

I understand that this is probably a known issue, and may be in hand, or have
related politics, but if no-one ever asks then perhaps something is
overlooked...

There is a patch available from aicrack (I'll add links below) that fixes an
issue with "channel -1" when using (at least, from my experience) ath9k.  From
the bug report thread, the patch seems to have been available for 9 months yet
it appears to be missing from the kernel (more exactly, it's missing from
opensuse 11.4, kernel 2.6.37 and I had to apply it to the latest compat-wireless
2011-06-15).

There's also another patch mentioned in the aircrack docs.  I don't know what
that one does, but it seems worth mentioning too.

So, please could these patches be included in the standard source?  At least the
first is needed for aircrack to work correctly.

Thanks, and apologies if this has been discussed many times before (I did a
quick search back - found lots of hits for aircrack, but not anything obviously
addressing this).

Andrew

Instructions on applying patches with locations:
http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=compat-wireless

Patches:
http://patches.aircrack-ng.org/mac80211.compat08082009.wl_frag+ack_v1.patch
http://patches.aircrack-ng.org/channel-negative-one-maxim.patch