Search Linux Wireless

Re: r8192se_pci or rtlwifi/rtl8192ce

On 06/03/2011 12:29 PM, Arif Ali wrote:
For some reason the rc1 kernel didn't work from the mainline kernels from
ubuntu, I downloaded the latest kernel from mainline, (although it says it is
for oneiric)

i.e. The kernel below for me works

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/daily/2011-06-02-oneiric/

i.e. 3.0.0-999-generic

The driver being used here is rtl8192se, and the stability issues I had are now
gone, will test for a few more days and see how it goes.

Thanks for all those people who replied

Sorry that I did not reply earlier, but I was traveling without access to Email.

The driver rtl8192se in kernel 3.0-rc1 is the correct one as you noted. For me, it has been very stable. There is one fix that is in the pipeline, in wireless-testing, but not yet in the mainline tree. The symptoms are kernel panics due to excessive fragmentation causing buffer allocation failures. This problem affects both rtl8192ce and rtl8192se. As it took a long time for me to have problems with the drivers, you will likely not see the problem. The fix should be in 3.0-rc2. If you want, I can send you the patches.

Larry