Search Linux Wireless

Re: what dictates the firmware directory of compat-wireless firmware?

> If android hacked udev into the init deamon then you will have to
> modify the init daemon too but I doubt that they would have kept udev
> rules statically in the init daemon, so try to find the udev rules.

I haven't been able to find any other udev rules on the Android
filesystem.  I have done a ton of digging for any udev information on
Android, without any luck.  I have asked on the Android mailing list,
we'll see how that goes.

In the mean time, the compat_firmware.sh script is pretty straight
forward.  My process on Android is continually monitoring the USB
devices connected, I could perform the same actions that
compat_firmware.sh does to dump the firmware into "/data"

Thanks for the udev related pointers in compat-wireless!