Search Linux Wireless

Re: Compat-wireless release for 2011-04-07 is baked

Hi Walter,

sorry for answering so late.

On 04/08/2011 12:08 AM, Walter Goldens wrote:

>>> Walter
>> Hi Walter,
>>
>> the subject of this message is wrong, compat-wireless
>> release for
>> 2011-04-07 was not baked, because some patches do not
>> apply. ;-)
>> A successful message should look like this:
>> http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-wireless/msg66930.html
>> When the statistic is included it was successful.
>>
>> compat-wireless is build automatically by a daily cron job
>> and this cron
>> job also sends these mails.
>>
>> You could apply the patches I send to the mailing list some
>> hours ago
>> and generate your own compat-wireless version or wait some
>> time.
>>
>> Hauke
>
> Hello Hauke,
>
> I understand the mechanics of the cron job generating compat-wireless tar balls and emails to the mailing list. I don't understand who /or what/ uploads them in kernel.org and orbit lab?
> http://www.orbit-lab.org/kernel/compat-wireless-2.6/
> http://wireless.kernel.org/download/compat-wireless-2.6/

The cron job generating compat-wireless places it to a location, so it
is available for download on orbit, the cron job is running on a server
at orbit. Now some other cron job copies it to wireless.kernel.org.

The scripts generating compat-wireless can be found here:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/mcgrof/compat-user.git;a=tree

> Walter
>
> PS, I guess this CW bot "baker" needs a little fine-tuning
Yes that's true. Are you willing to improve it so it generated better
messages on failure?