Search Linux Wireless

Re: Questions about rt2800usb

> Walter Goldens:
> > Further investigation suggests the DUP! packets stem
> from one specific AP.
> > Different APs seem to have less duplicate packets and
> overall packet-loss.
> > Its puzzling to me however that the said AP does not
> produce DUP! packs
> > at all with rt2870sta.
>
> Is the AP 11n capable? Could you try to get a wifi capture
> when these
> duplicates happen (with a second station in monitor mode)?

Hi Helmut,

Your question about the 11N AP sparked interesting results. An 11n capable AP, but connected to a 54G mode did NOT produce a _single_ DUP! packet! Well over 2000 packets transmitted, not a single one duplicate.

This clearly isolates the problem to 54 B/G-Only APs.

Regarding your request for a capture file where duplicate packets occur, I have this to ask. I found out rt2800usb has the ability to switch to monitor mode - while connected to the AP and the gateway is ping-able. Will a capture from the same PC connected to the AP do the job for analysis? It will take me some time to set up a second station running the rt2800usb module and capture communications between the AP and the said PC.

Please let me know.

Walter