Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC 0/9] add WoW support

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 5:13 PM, Johannes Berg
<johannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In the second email, I'll gather some thoughts about userspace APIs.
>
> Regardless of how suspend works, the device may need special
> configuration (e.g. wakeup patterns [1], rekeying information or
> similar), in our case it even needs special firmware uploaded. Suspend
> might also only be possible in certain configurations, like being
> associated with exactly one AP, and not while operating as an AP, for
> example.

With TI's 12xx, we actually do want to let the host suspend itself
even when acting as an AP, because the 12xx firmware itself is
responsible for sending beacons, and responding to probe requests,
without involving the host.

So in case there's no traffic going on, the host can stay suspended
even if we have stations connected.